Admittedly, I am NOT a breakfast person! But since I’m typically balancing a busy schedule of work, choreography, and the (sometimes) occasional workout, I know how important it is to start your day off with a healthy meal.
In general, when I eat breakfast I tend to have more energy for my workouts and daily activities. Eating first thing in the morning also helps encourage me to eat healthier throughout the day. Oh, and fun fact; breakfast is proven to kick-start your metabolism, which helps burn more calories than you would if skipping out on a wake-up meal. I also find that eating first thing in the am helps me focus more! More focus = productivity… and I love nothing more than to be productive!
Since I’m not the biggest fan of a big breakfast, I like to keep things sweet and simple. My favorite meal to kickstart my day is this Breakfast Berries & Almond bowl. It’s the perfect amount of sweet and it has a little crunch thanks to the crushed almonds I top it off with 🙂 – yum!
Try this recipe paired with my delicious morning Vanilla Almond Tea Latte and let me know what you think!
- First, gather all of your berries. If you're making this bowl for yourself, take 5 of each different berry and wash them.
- Let the berries dry on a towel
- Next, take your strawberries and cut off the green tops from every strawberry.
- Now, you're ready to start slicing! I like to slice my strawberries longway 😉
- Take all of your dry berries (strawberries included) and place them into a serving bowl.
- Take a handful of your almonds and smash them down inside of your Mortar. If you don't have a Mortar you can always place your almonds in a ziplock baggie and use a rolling pin to smash them down too.
- Take your smashed almonds and sprinkle them on top of your berries.
- Lastly, lightly drizzle honey on top of your berries & almonds and enjoy!